SONz of GODz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BF2142 .GODz. Clan

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Caesar's Tips

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CaesarTheFifth

Caesar's Tips Empty
PostSubject: Caesar's Tips   Caesar's Tips EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:03 pm

Firstly, you may disregard parts or the entirety of my advice or criticism. I'm not the best by far, but I still have help to offer. With that said, I would like to divide my suggestions into two parts: 1) player (generic tactics) and 2) map specific.

1)
A. Probably what is going to have the most argument against: all 5v5 players should be assault and preferably Voss/Krylov. In some cases the commander can be recon to set rdx/mines on a flag, but I would still recommend all assault. We can have a discussion about this, but I have never seen a team consistently win without all guys running assault.

B. Always practice with TWL rules. I think someone from EG said your team planted an IDS. Some teams would force you to forfeit for using an illegal item, so your team should get used to not having them. Besides, the commander should be pointing out people often enough to make IDSes obsolete.

C. Keep close, but not too close to each other. You don't want a lucky grenade or rockets to take 2-3 of you out. I don't think you guys had too much of a problem with this; I think it was more you were backed into a corner (had one flag left) and had to face us 1v2-3 as you spawned in.

D. Use rockets more. Some people say they are ubber cheap and they probably are, but they are still a part of the game and very effective for killing, hurting, slowing down a player/group, defending flags and choke points, etc. They can be easily avoided, too. Keep moving; try not to hide behind obstacles, but if you do, put 3-5 "feet" between you and the box you're behind so the rockets cause no or little damage. Never just duck and think you're safe.

I'm heading out soon, so I'll have to finish this later. Just wanted to give you all a debrief while you still had the matches fresh in your mind. I'll watch the BRs in the next couple of days and give further suggestions as well as begin talking about maps. I'll probably do: Tunis, verdun, gib, berlin, sidi then the rest unless if you want certain ones before others. Also, if you want this confidential, you can put it in your members' only section and PM me the responses.
Back to top Go down
Futant
Admin
Futant

Caesar's Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caesar's Tips   Caesar's Tips EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 3:56 am

Thanks Caesar, we appreciate the feedback and look forward to hearing more advice that will help us in future scrims/matches. At first when I saw you join the scrim I was a little dissapointed, as I was certain that we had a decent chance to win at least one of the rounds against the roster .eG. put up against us without you being on thier team. But it proved to turn out for the best as we will have to face up against players with your skill set in other matches and the feedback we would've recieved from .eG. alone would've been helpful but no where as extensive as the posts you're bringing to our forum.

Regarding the IDS sonar incident in the first round, it was a mistake by one of our teamates that has never scrimmed in 2142 before. The rule was mentioned before the match started, however, it must have slipped through his ears. As soon as it was laid down we caught it just as fast as .eG. did & it was immediately popped. Keeping teamates in revivable distance is somthing we're going to work on as well, especially being we only have 10 sec's instead of 15 to get the job done. More nades & rockets need to be a part of our strat, especialy while suppressing or keeping an enemy down. I think its going to be a matter of setting up more scrims in order to get this down to a science.

Im interested to read what you have in store for us next. I'm not too worried about keeping it a confidential thread as not too many users use this forum anyway, and its good stuff for everyone to know as well.

Peace,

Futant
Back to top Go down
http://sonzofgodz.webs.com

Caesar's Tips
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SONz of GODz :: GAMES SUPPORTED :: BATTLEFIELD 2142 :: SCRIMZ-
Jump to: